Cadbury Eggs Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Until this year, I’ve always stayed away from those Cadbury creme eggs. I’m not sure when or why, but I was under the impression that I didn’t like them. However, I saw a couple of dessert recipes using Cadbury eggs and suddenly I wanted to try one.

Until this year, I’ve always stayed away from those Cadbury creme eggs. I’m not sure when or why, but I was under the impression that I didn’t like them. However, I saw a couple of dessert recipes using Cadbury eggs and suddenly I wanted to try one.

Serve 10
Cook in 30 minutes

Ingredients
3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
 1/4 cup granulated sugar
 1 large egg
 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
 2 cups all-purpose flour
 2 teaspoon cornstarch
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1/2 cup Easter M&Ms
 about 6 regular sized cadbury creme eggs

Directions

  • Cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color in stand mixer. Mix in egg and vanilla. On low speed, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in the m&ms. Chill dough for 1 hour.
  • After the dough is chilled, line two cookie sheets with silpat mats. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut eggs in half with a sharp knife.
  • Take about four tablespoons of dough and flatten dough with hands. Place egg inside dough. Make sure to wrap the dough around the egg so that the egg's open yolk portion faces is on its side (so that when the person bites in, the yolk is exposed). Make sure dough is completely sealed around egg and dough is thick enough so that the inside won't seep through. Press a few additional m&ms on surface of dough ball if desired. 
  • Bake the cookies for 10-11 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. Remove and let cool on the cookie sheets. Do not try to remove before they are finished cooling or cookies may break.